Do you know what the 256 day of the year stands for? It’s Programmers’ Day! My friends at Cognizant Softvision sent over a challenge to create a recipe to celebrate together as they ‘Go Beyond’ for the 7th annual Programmers’ Week, during September 13-20.
So, I’ll pass the challenge to you all! Get ready to celebrate together, share your masterpieces until September 20 and tag @prajiturela and @softvisionteam so we can repost your amazing work.
If you’re in the tech industry for sure you know what it’s like with Agile development, so now let’s try together, Agile Cooking.
As this is a global event, before starting, I must say that here in Romania, at least, you can’t imagine a celebration without a spritz and a desert, righ
So here’s my recipe for you all, no matter where you are.
Scope: Foolproof Brownies
Discovery phase – Product backlog and prerequisites
- 200g all purpose flour
- 50g cacao (unsweetened)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150ml vegetable oil (sunflower)
- 150ml milk
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon of salt
● Measure/scale the ingredients and place them in separate bowls/plates.
● In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, cacao, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
● In a second bowl whisk the wet ingredients: eggs, oil, milk, honey.
● Pour the wet ingredients over the dry mixture and stir only until just combined (not more) – do not worry if the batter is not smooth, the chunkier, the better!
● Code review – Ask for feedback. Have a friend taste test the batter.
● Add parchment paper (baking paper) in a 20×30 cm tray and pour in the batter.
● Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake for 25 minutes.
● Let brownies cool before serving.
● Serve the brownies to your loved ones!
● Brag about it!
● Get feedback and think of possible improvements.
● You can add additional ingredients into the batter once poured into the tray, such as fruit, chocolate chips, peanuts, M&Ms, or marshmallows.
● Also, you can top the brownies with melted chocolate after they’re baked and cooled.